The U.S. Capitol Historical Society is chartered by Congress in part “to foster and increase an informed patriotism of the land in the study of this living memorial to the founders of this Nation and the continuing thread of principles as exemplified by their successors.” To this end, we are proud to operate a robust internship program, which offers positions in several areas of our work.
Primarily geared towards undergraduate students, USCHS Interns work in the Society’s offices a minimum of 20 hours per week. Specific work schedules are flexible to accommodate outside academic and work commitments. Interns may receive a monthly stipend.
TO APPLY FOR AN INTERNSHIP WITH USCHS:
- Email your resume and cover letter to Caren Cannon at CCannon@uschs.org with “Internship” in the subject line.
- In your email, indicate the session for which you are applying and your position preference.
Application and Session Timelines:
Spring Session – January through April
- Applications are accepted beginning September 15.
- Preference is given to applications received by November 15.
Summer Session – May through August
- Applications are accepted beginning January 15.
- Preference is given to applications received by March 15.
Fall Session – September through December
- Applications are accepted beginning May 15.
- Preference is given to applications received by July 15.
The Society is committed to equal opportunity, fairness, and inclusivity. We welcome applications from women, disabled individuals, LGBTQ+, and candidates from Black, Asian, Latino, and minority ethnic groups.